Care Planning Assessments
CARE PLANNING ASSESSMENTS:
Our knowledgeable and trained staff is able to evaluate the multi-dimensional needs of the older adult and help guide you and your family with options available to you in the community. Assessment would examine:
- Medical condition and continuity of care
- Mental health status, issues of depression, anxiety, adjustment difficulties, social isolation, chronic illness.
- Cognitive status; presence/severity of dementia
- Activities of daily living
- Issues relating to driving
- Level of family/community support
- Safety issues/home environment
- Legal/financial status
An objective care planning assessment may be appropriate in the following situations:
- A parent who is having difficulty caring for or coping with the needs of a spouse with dementia.
- An older adult who is having diffiulty with activities of daily living and lives alone.
- An older adult who is at risk in his/her home and requires modificiation of the home for safety purposes.
- An older individual or couple who want to move to a more structured environment but need assistance in planning and/or executing the move.